If you’re planning to remodel your kitchen in the coming year we’ve got some great ideas to get the process going for you. Whether you plan a wall to wall renovation or are looking for creative ways to add flair to your existing kitchen our ideas will deliver enhanced comfort, functionality and visual appeal. Some of these ideas will be right up the alley of dedicated DIYers, while others will be best left to the pros. But regardless who does the work they’re all guaranteed to breathe new life (and value) into your kitchen in 2016.
Some of our Favorite Kitchen Remodeling Ideas
Kitchen remodeling is one of the most cost effective projects you can undertake. Not only that, it’s also the one most likely to deliver a high degree of personal satisfaction. So without further ado let’s take a look at some ideas that will make your kitchen the go-to room of your home.
- High-end lighting – Polished stainless steel fixtures lend a kitchen a contemporary air and have the benefit of complementing most existing plumbing fixtures as well as appliances. But whether you choose stainless steel or cut glass, recessed lights or a single central chandelier you’ll find that high-end lighting is one of the easiest ways to significantly improve the look of the entire kitchen.
- Thin slab countertops – Thinner stone slabs have been getting a lot of press lately for the contemporary edge they can provide a kitchen. While some are reluctant to shave a half inch off the traditional thick slab of granite, marble or quartz you have nothing to fear by doing so and you’ll wind up saving a considerable amount in the process. Thin countertops retain their ability to resist heat and shocks and can turn your kitchen into a 21st century showpiece.
- Accent appliances – An increasing number of Toronto homeowners are finding ways to create kitchen accents through the use of appliances. Appliances can be used to put the finishing touch on a remodel since they’re available today in nearly every conceivable style, color and finish. The refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and more can be used as color counterpoints to the furniture, cabinetry or trim. Or, they can be used to make bold period or textural statements.
- The industrial look – The industrial look – which utilizes elements like exposed copper pipes, concrete slab and glass faced cabinetry – has been gaining in popularity since it can give your kitchen a feel that is simultaneously retro and forward-looking. It typically requires a full-on top down kitchen remodeling however, as trying to introduce industrial touches into most existing kitchens can create visual discontinuities.
- Revamp your floors – There are a number of ways to upgrade what’s under foot that will breathe new life into your entire kitchen in 2016. From hardwood planking to faux travertine tiles, from porcelain (yes, porcelain) to cork and ceramic the choices available to the homeowner have never been greater than they are today. Talk to one of our Karen Homes design experts about which material is best suited for your kitchen.
When you undertake kitchen remodeling you’re making fundamental changes to the way your home is experienced. Remodeling can be an all encompassing project or a targeted way to ramp up the appeal of an existing kitchen. Whichever route you choose make sure to talk to the remodeling pros at Karen Homes first. We’re the most trusted name in kitchen renovation in greater Toronto because we work closely with every one of our clients to achieve results that are right for their home, their lifestyle. Remove the stress and guesswork from kitchen remodeling by enlisting the help of Karen Homes. You’ll be glad you did.