People spend a large majority of their lives in their own home entertaining guests, hanging out with the family, or just relaxing. These days, many people work from home too, making the time spent in the home even greater. Unfortunately, many of these people aren’t completely happy with their homes which can add a lot of stress to their daily lives.
Out-dated décor, inadequate living or storage space, or even a lack of natural light can give the home an uncomfortable or messy feeling. Doing home renovations could help, but they often add more stress. For example, where do you cook your meals during a kitchen renovation? That’s why many people are choosing to build custom homes. Being involved with the building process every step of the way ensures that you get exactly what you want out of your home, and in turn makes each and every day a little bit brighter.
5 Ways That Custom Homes Make Your Day-to-Day Life Better
- Organization – When you move into a home that once belonged to someone else, you can be quite sure that they did not own exactly the same things as you. You might have more kitchenware than they did, and now you have nowhere to store it. Perhaps you do a lot of painting, or collect antiques, and you have nowhere to properly display it. Custom homes allow the buyer to work beside the contractor every step of the way to ensure that there is ample storage and display space designed specifically for your unique needs, making your house tidier and keeping your stress levels down.
- Useful Spaces – You know what your needs are, and it’s tough to find a pre-built house that fits each and every one of them. Rooms and spaces often get wasted, or, you don’t have enough room. If you’re a couple with no children living at home, you don’t need a second floor with 4 bedrooms – although you may want an open-plan space the same size. On the other end of the scale, 5 bedrooms are hard to find for families with four kids, and 2 of those kids will often end up sharing. Custom homes allow you to design your home exactly the way you need, so you never feel overcrowded or feel that space is being wasted.
- Recreational Areas – Many average homes lack the space for recreational activities or even entertaining guests. If you need a place for the kids to play, you can get them out of the living room (where you’re trying to watch TV) by creating a special room just for them when designing the house. If you love to entertain, you have the opportunity to design an open-plan space, and put a bar or high counter off the kitchen or in the basement for guests to mingle at. Having a space in your home specifically for recreation and entertainment can save you money in the long run because you will end up going out less. It might also save you a few headaches if the kids have a place to play just slightly out of earshot.
- Outdoor Living Spaces – When you think of custom homes, don’t forget that includes the garden too. Modern outdoor furniture and living spaces should replicate the beauty found inside the home. When you design your house, it’s important to keep the garden in mind. Place the house on the lot in a way that gives you ample yard space. For entertaining, have a sliding door off the kitchen to a nice patio or deck. Imagine how relaxing it would be to sit out on the deck while you have your morning coffee. Custom homes offer you the ability to not only have the perfect interior – but exterior too.
- Happiness – Yes, happiness. What we mean is that feeling you get when you look around you and feel completely happy with everything you see. Everything is stored away, all the rooms are being utilized properly, and you feel comfortable and content in your surroundings. Overall, that is the best thing that you will receive when building custom homes.
More and more people are realizing the potential in custom homes. Instead of moving in and having the stress of figuring out when and how to start on the bathroom renovation or kitchen remodeling, custom designed homes will already be perfect. At Karen Homes, we have over 15 years of experience in the Toronto area helping our clients build homes that cater exactly to their needs.
Unfortunately, many people in the market for a new home automatically dismiss the idea of a custom-built home because they are misled by stereotypes that it’s too expensive, or not practical. In fact, building a home suited exactly to your needs is incredibly practical. If you’re in the market for a new home, give us a call today to see what we can do for you.